Government of Uganda issues bid document under the licensing round for petroleum exploration, development and production blocks in Uganda
PROGRESS ON THE LICENSING ROUND FOR PETROLEUM EXPLORATION, DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION IN UGANDA
Government of Uganda (GOU) through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development has on 1st October 2015 issued the bidding document to the 16 Qualified Applicants (companies which were successful following the evaluation of applications from 19 companies that had applied in the Request for Qualification stage).
The bidding document comprise of Request for Proposal, Model Production Sharing Agreement 2015 (MPSA), Model Confidentiality Agreement for sale of data, Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) (Data Sale) Regulations 2014 and Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) (Data Sale) (Amendment), Regulations 2015.
Dr. F.A Kabagambe-Kaliisa, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development (MEMD), said the issuance of the bid document marks the commencement of the Request for Proposal stage which entails bidding and competitive process of the licensing round.The bidding and competitive process will close on 15th January 2016 with submission of bids.
The Permanent Secretary further said that Government will proceed to evaluate the bids, negotiate with successful bidders, sign Production Sharing Agreements and award exploration, development and production licenses thus marking the end of the licensing round..
The six biddable blocks comprise of the Ngassa (410 Km2) in Hoima District, Taitai & Karuka (565 Km2) in Buliisa District, Ngaji (895 Km2) in Rukungiri & Kanungu Districts, Mvule (344 Km2) in Moyo and Yumbe Districts together with Turaco (425 Km2) and Kanywantaba (344 Km2) in Ntoroko District.
The 16 Qualified Applicants are:
1. African Global Resources (JV comprising of Telconet Capital Limited, RT-Global Resources LLC and JSC Tatneft),Russia
2. Petrica Energy AS, Norway
3. Armour Energy Limited, Australia
4. Oranto Petroleum International Limited, Nigeria
5. Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Limited, Ireland
6. Rift Energy Uganda Limited, Canada
7. African Exploration Venture (JV comprising of Rapid Africa Energy Pty Limited and Africa Energy SA Corp), South Africa
8. Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited, Nigeria
9. Glint Energy, LLC, USA
10. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Videsh Limited, India
11. SASOL Exploration and Production International Limited, South Africa
12. Brightoil Petroleum (Uganda) Limited, Hong Kong/China
13. Petoil (Uganda) Limited, Turkey
14. Swala Energy (Uganda) Limited, Australia
15. Waltersmith Petroman Oil Limited, Nigeria
16. MDC Oil and Gas Holding Company, LLC, United Arab Emirates
For further information, please contact:
The Senior Communication Officer
Tel: +256 414 320714/+256 772446115
- Government of Uganda Issues Five (5) Petroleum Production Licences to Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Limited and Three (3) Petroleum Production Licences to Total Uganda B.V.
- Appointment of Executive Director for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda
- Bidders invited to negotiate Production Sharing Agreements in Uganda’s first competitive licensing round
- Joint Statement on the Second Ministerial Meeting on Uganda - Tanzania Crude Oil Export Pipeline Development
- Government suspends negotiations with Rostec Global Resources (RTGR) Consortium for the role of Lead Investor for the Uganda Refinery Project and draws the Bid Bond.
- Uganda and Tanzania agree on the Implementation Plan for the Hoima-Tanga Crude Oil Pipeline
- Government of Uganda receives seven bidders for the First Licensing Round
- GOVERNMENT OF UGANDA HOLDS BIDDER’S CONFERENCE FOR THE 1ST LICENSING ROUND FOR PETROLEUM EXPLORATION, DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION
- Government of Uganda signs MoU with Government of Tanzania, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and Total E&P Uganda on crude oil export pipeline framework
- Government of Uganda issues bid document under the licensing round for petroleum exploration, development and production blocks in Uganda
- Call for Comments on Draft Uganda Standards for Oil and Gas Upstream Equipment and Materials
- Energy Week is round the corner
- Government Shortlists 16 firms in Uganda’s First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Uganda’s Licensing Round Applicants Represent Right Blend of Oil Companies.
- Government Incorporates the National Oil Company (NOC)
- Progress of Implementation of the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda, December 2015
- Call for Comments on Draft Uganda Standards on Petroleum Refining and Transportation
- Uganda’s Oil Projects Still Attractive for Investment Amidst Falling Oil Prices
- Closure of the Application for Qualification of the Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Blocks in Uganda
- Road Show for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production
- Extension of Deadline for Submission of Applications for Qualification for Uganda's First Petroleum Licensing Round
- Promotional Events for Uganda’s First Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, 2015
- Government issues bid Notice for the Sale of Accumulated Test Crude
- Government Announces First Petroleum Exploration Licensing Round in Uganda
- RT Global Resources emerges Selected Preferred Bidder in Uganda's Refinery Project
- Cabinet Approves First open Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration in Uganda
- Government issues Request for Final Offer for Lead Investor for Uganda’s Refinery Project
- Uganda’s petroleum resources increase to 6.5 billion barrels oil in place
- Uganda blessed with oil and minerals - Interview with Minister of Energy and Mineral Development
- Uganda’s Refinery Project Tender Progresses to the Negotiations Phase